Good morning, here is some Nashua news you might want to know about:
1. WEATHER: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83 and gusty winds. Tonight will be Partly cloudy, with a low around 62 and lighter winds. (Extended forecast)
2. UNSOLVED MURDER: Thirty years ago this month Rhonda Anette Knutson, a Highway 63 convenience store worker was killed. The Phillips 66 near the junction with Hwys. 18/346 is long gone, but the mystery remains as to who killed her in the early morning hours of Sept. 7, 1992. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Office lists it as an unsolved crime and gives details on its website and continues to ask for information that could help find the killer.
3. HOMECOMING: Nashua-Plainfield will crown its Homecoming royalty at 7 p.m. tonight on the football field.
4. GREAT FANS — Nashua-Plainfield Jr./Sr. High School Principal Karl Smith reported this to the School Board on Monday: “I received a letter form the Iowa High School Athletic Association recognizing Nashua-Plainfield Jr./Sr. High athletes, students, and parents for their exemplary conduct at 2021-2022 games. Our school was part of the 56.7% of schools to not have a flagrant, unsportsmanlike act during any of our competitions.”
5. BAND DOUGH FROM DOUGH — The N-P High School Band will be selling cookie dough as a fundraiser for the 23rd year come Oct. 3. It’s expected to end Oct. 14. The money raised goes toward band awards and honor band fees.
Send news and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories: Nashua Posts