Good afternoon, here’s what’s happening in the Nashua area.
Snow is in the forecast followed by significantly colder temperatures. Overnight tonight, there is a slight chance of rain between 2-3 a.m., then a chance of snow. Otherwise, the night will be mostly cloudy with a low around 28 with a calm wind.
On Thursday, snow is likely in the morning, will possibly mix with rain between 1-4 p.m., and then turn back to snow after 4 p.m. The high temp will be around 34 with wind gusts as high as 22 mph.
Thursday night, the chance of snow continues. The low will be around 24 with a west wind that will gust up to 26 mph.
The Nashua-Plainfield boys wrestling team won two duals last night in West Union. The Huskies defeated host-school NFV, 57-10, and New Hampton/Turkey Valley, 48-27.
N-P wrestlers getting point-earning wins were
- Devon Blanchard at 145 (decision),
- Nic Brase at 113 (major decision, pin),
- Jackson Carey at 152 (major decision),
- Titus Evans at 170 (two pins),
- Isaac Jones at 285 (pin),
- Eli Kalainoff at 160 (decision),
- Hayden Munn at 120 (major decision, pin),
- Garret Rinken at 126 (two pins),
- Jayden Rinken at 106 (pin)
- Tate White at 182 (two pins), and
- Jackson Zwanziger at 220 (decision).
North Fayette Valley girls wrestling team edged Nashua-Plainfield last night in West Union 36-30. At 190, N-P’s Kylie Vance pinned NFV’s Kierra Alexander in 45 seconds. At 100, N-P’s Sara Babu won by fall at 4:41 over NFV’s Macy Rose. NFV benefited from four forfeits. N-P benefited from three.
(Note: Attached photo is a file shot of Eli Kalainoff)
Thursday, Dec. 15
Holiday concert (grades 6-8), 6 p.m., N-P High School gymnasium
N-P High School Concert, 7:30 p.m., N-P High School gymnasium
Friday, Dec. 16
Plainfield Library Movie Day, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., “Where the Crawdads Sing”
Dairy Treat Pop Open, 4-8 p.m., 510 Sample St., Nashua
- N-P boys varsity wrestling, 9 a.m. tournament at Young Arena, Waterloo
- N-P girls varsity basketball game, 6:15 p.m., at Osage
- N-P boys varsity basketball game, 7:45 p.m., at Osage