With the Top of Iowa Conference meet coming up Thursday at Nashua-Plainfield High School, the Huskies boys track team on Monday gave reason to believe a title is in the making.
The Huskies scored 139 team points to grab first at the Cowpath Relays at N-P stadium, 16 points ahead of conference rival Saint Ansgar (123). North Fayette Valley finished third (108), followed by Dunkerton (60), North Butler (57), Janesville (55) and Clarksville (46).
N-P SCORING PERFORMANCES
- 16 team points in long jump — Senior Aiden Lamborn took first in high jump by clearing 5 feet 10 inches. Junior Trae Geise took third with his personal best of 5-6.
- 14 in 110m hurdles — Senior Kaden Wilken ran a 16.11 to take second in the 110m hurdles. Junior Titus Evans took third at 16.49.
- 14 in the 400m dash — Blaine Brannon placed 2nd at 55.98 and Eli Kalainoff took 3rd at 56.01, a personal best. Both are freshmen.
- 14 in the 3200m run — Senior Levi Winters took 2nd at 12:07.10 and sophomore Caleb Sinnwell won 3rd at 12:11.60. Both were personal best times.
- 10 in the 1600m sprint medley relay — Seniors Bo Harrington and Joel Winters and freshmen Jase Hansen and Blaine Brannon won the 1600m sprint medley with a 4:00.39.
- 10 in the 800 sprint medley relay -— Freshman Navarii Williams, sophomore Aiden Gelner, Lamborn and Evans took first at 1:40.86.
- 10 in the 4x800m relay — The team of Harrington, Winters, Hansen and junior Dylan Blanchard finished 1st at 9:07.23. The team of freshmen Braeden Mitchell, Avery Mueller and Brexton Bird and sophomore Luke Paplow placed 5th at 10:28.13.
- 10 in the shuttle hurdle relay — Wilken Lamborn, Harrington and Titus Evans.m took 1st with a time of 1:03.49.
- 8 in the 4×400 — Harrington, Kalainoff. Joel Winters and Titus Evans captured 2nd as 3:36.17
- 7 in the long jump — Geise also had his personal best long jump of 17-8, which was good enough for 3rd. Senior Kaden Wilken placed 6th with a personal bets 17-4.25.
- 6 in the 1600m run — Senior Levi Winters was 4th at 5:36.61 and junior Caleb Lentz was 5th at 5:37.99
- 6 in the 4x200m relay — Williams, Brannon, Winters and Lamborn took 3rd with a time of 1:39.80.
- 5 in the 400m dash — Freshmen Blaine Brannon took 2nd at 55.98 and
Eli Kalainoff took 3rd with a personal best of 56.01.
- 5 in the 800m run — Dylan Blanchard took 4th with his personal best time of 2:16.57. Hansen was 6th at 2:17.98.
- 4 in the 100m dash — Williams took 4th at 12.42.
MORE N-P INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
- Sophomore Easton Richards, 100m, 8th, 13:17 ( personal best)
- Freshman Braiden Mitchell, 400m 9th, hurdles, 1:10.16
- Freshman Eli Kalainoff, discus,8th, 100 feet, 11 inches
- Senior Jackson Zwanziger, discus, 10th, 83-9
- Sophomore Isaac Jones, shot put, 11th, 31-2
- Freshman Zander Lentz, shot put, 12th, 30-10 (personal best)
- 4x100m relay team: Easton Richards, Brady Lensing, Jack Hall and Jake Smith, 8th, 51.48
- 4x100m relay team: Avery Mueller, Karson Chyma, Matthew Malven and Trae Geise, 9th, 52.90
- 4x200m relay team: Easton Richards, Brody Devries, Jack Hall and Jake Smith, 10th, 1:49.27
- 4x800m relay team: Braiden Mitchell, Avery Mueller, Luke Paplow and Brexton Bird, 5th, 10:28.13.
CONFERENCE MEET ON THURSDAY
Thursday’s conference meet begins at 4 p.m. and the visiting teams will be Rockford, Newman Catholic, North Butler, Central Springs, Osage, Saint Ansgar, Northwood-Kensett and West Fork.