Good morning, it’s Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023.
The Nashua area is under a winter storm warning until noon Thursday. Heavy snow is expected to hit this evening.
Today will be cloudy with a high around 35. A light north wind will become east this morning and wind gusts of around 25 mph are possible. There is a 40% chance of rain and snow between 4-5 p.m. That ratchets up to 100% tonight when the snow could be heavy at times with 3 to 7 inches of accumulation possible. The low temp will be around 28 and a northeast wind of 14-17 mph could gust as high as 31 mph.
The Nashua-Plainfield wrestling teams piled up the victories at home last night. The boys won all individual matches against Starmont, South Winneshiek and Postville. The girls went 3-1 in matches against North Butler. (More coverage)
NASHUA’S DAM WINTERFEST
Nashua’s Dam Winterfest is coming up on Saturday. All activities are at Cedar View Park unless otherwise noted.
- Free throw contest, 10 a.m., Husky Wellness Center
- Winterfest Base Camp and warming houses, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Upper Shelter at Cedar View Park
- Coffee and hot chocolate bar, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Upper Shelter at Cedar View Park. Freewill offering. Proceeds going toward N-P After Prom.
- Sledding, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Upper Shelter at Cedar View Park
- Ice fishing clinic, noon to 2 p.m., Big Beach at Cedar Lake. Open to ages 15 and younger. Show up anytime. Gear will be available, or bring your own. For more information, call Nate, 641-257-7044.
- Ice bike demo, 11 a.m., Cedar Lake
- Snowshoeing, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Upper Shelter at Cedar View Park
- Backwater Beer Case Curling, noon to 2 p.m. Registration opens at 11 a.m. at the Upper Shelter. Curling begins at noon. New matches every half hour.
- Kite festival, 1 p.m., Big Beach at Cedar Lake
- Bags tournament, 1 p.m., Nashua Town & Country Club ($20 per team)
- Dart and pool tournaments, 1 p.m., Big Willies. Call 319-360-8664 for more information
- Luminary Lighting, 5:30 p.m., Cedar Lake. Purchase luminaries for $5 at Winterfest Base Camp.
- Fireworks, 6 p.m., Cedar Lake
- Soup cookoff, 6:30 p.m., Nashua Town & Country Club. Free to enter. Call Scott at 563-380-0979 for more information.