Good morning. Here are your 7 local news reports at 7 a.m.
1. WEATHER: Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 76. South wind 6 to 10 mph. Tonight there will be a 20% chance of showers after 1 a.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. South wind 5 to 8 mph.
2. DOG BITE VICTIM RECOVERS — The Nashua child who was injured in a dog attack last month is doing well, Chickasaw County Sheriff Martin Hemann reported last night to the City council. The girl has also returned to school, he said.
3. HALLOWEEN — The Trick-or-treat hours in Nashua will be 5-7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31. Nashua volunteer firefighters will serve hot dogs afterward at the fire station from 7-8 p.m.
4. AMBULANCE — The name of the volunteer ambulance service under development in Nashua will be Nashua Area EMS, the City Council learned Monday night. Council members also got to look at the ambulance that’s been procured. Meanwhile, the Council put postponed a public hearing on the ordinance to establish the ambulance service, because it is still being written.
5. TURNING OFF THE PARK WATER — The city of Nashua will turn off the water at Cedar View Park on Oct. 5.
6. SPORTS — N-P cross country travels to Calmar today for the South Winneshiek Invitational at South Winn Golf and Country Club. The varsity girls race starts at 4 p.m. The boys race at 5 p.m. N-P volleyball will play at 7 p.m. in West Fork
7. HAVE LUNCH AT ST. MICHEAL’S — St. Michael’s Guild annual fall salad luncheon is today from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at the St. Michael’s Parish Center. Serving chicken and dressing hot dish with salads. Tickets at the door: $10. Take-outs available. Bazaar table with baked goods, crafts and white elephants. Door prizes.
If you would like to see more coverage like this, consider following The Nashua Post on Facebook and help us grow.