Charles City Chamber Of Commerce news release
CHARLES CITY – The holidays are over and winter has settled in … but you can beat those winter blues with fun and games during Charles City’s annual Cabin Fever Weekend Jan. 26-28!
Whether you prefer skiing, roller skating or stitching, being indoors or out, Cabin Fever Weekend is sure to have just the thing for you! Families, friends and neighbors alike can enjoy a wide variety of activities designed to get people out of the house and having fun together. The final list of offerings is still being finalized, but a small sampling of activities include:
• A chance to snowshoe or cross-country ski at Wildwood Park that Saturday with discounted rentals courtesy of Crawdaddys Outdoors.
• Roller skating and swimming at the Charles City Family YMCA.
• Wooden sign painting Saturday with the Artsy Dabbler at Otto’s Oasis.
• A Saturday matinee showing of “The Star” at the Charles Theatre
• Party the evening of Jan. 27th at the I.C. Development Board fundraiser featuring Endless Summer and a meal by Dave’s Restaurant.
• Youngsters can experience ice fishing, courtesy of Rapids End Outfitters. Full details will be announced shortly.
• Bird feeder workshop at the Fossil and Prairie Center that Sunday.
Messiah Lutheran Church will host a Family Game Day and is also spearheading a sock and shoe donation drive to help out those in need in the community. Most Cabin Fever Weekend locations will have donation boxes; children’s sizes are appreciated, but all sizes will be accepted.
Hy-Vee, meanwhile, will offer a children’s book reading, activities and kids meal deal, along with an in-store paper sack discount special that weekend.
Keep watching for a full listing of activities. For more information, contact the Charles City Area Chamber of Commerce at (641) 228-4234, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.charlescitychamber.com.