Good morning Oelwein. Here’s some local news.
1. Weather — Today will be sunny, with a high near 68 and a south wind of 6 to 9 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 45. The wind will turn southeast. (Extended forecast)
3. West Central drama will present the musical “Snow White and the Dancing Dwarfs” at 7 p.m. on Nov. 4 and 5. Admission is $6.
2. West Central Homecoming — The Blue Devils (4-2) will host Tripoli (4-1). The Homecoming game kicks off at 7 p.m. The Booster Club will be hosting T&T BBQ ahead of the game. Serving begins at 5 p.m.
2. Oelwein volleyball enters the postseason on a winning note. The Huskies (12-16) defeated Valley Lutheran (0-5) 3-0 on Thursday at home. Click here for more. The North Iowa Cedar League conference tournament begins on Tuesday, Oct. 4. Here are the opening matches:
- Wapsie Valley gets a bye.
- Hudson vs. AGWSR at Wapsie Valley
- Grundy Center vs. Jesup at Grundy Center
- Denver vs. Oelwein at Grundy Center
- Dike-New Hartford vs. East Marshall at D-NH
- Sumner-Fredericksburg vs. Gladbrook-Reinbeck at D-NH
- South Hardin vs. Waterloo Columbus at South Hardin
- Union Community vs. Aplington-Parkersburg at South Hardin
3. Football —Tonight, Oelwein is traveling to La Porte City to take on Union Community. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.
4. Weekend activities — Hawkeye hosts it’s Harvest Festival on Saturday and O-Town Mania. (Events calendar)
5. At the movies: The Grand Theatre of Oelwein will be showing “Smile” and “Don’t Worry Darling,” both rated R, from today through Oct. 7. Showtimes are 7 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 7 p.m.
Monday through Wednesday, and 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.