Good morning, here are some things happening locally:
– OELWEIN BOY XC TEAM ASCENDS — The Oelwein boys cross country team has moved up one spot to No. 3 in the Class 2A team rankings by the Iowa Association of Track Coaches + Cross Country. Click here to see all the team rankings.
– SAILORS SURVIVE HUSKIES — Columbus Catholic scored a slim volleyball victory on Tuesday over Oelwein (10-15) in Waterloo. The Sailors (5-13) won 3-2 (25-17, 22-25, 20-25, 25-21, 15-10).
“The longest match of our season so far & in the hottest gym imaginable,” head coach Lee Andersen posted. “We showed a lot of heart, grit, & toughness, but couldn’t quite get the job done. This one definitely stings, but we did O-town proud & left it all on the court. Many thanks to our fans who made the trip. Next up is a home match with Crestwood on Thursday.”
– WEST CENTRAL VOLLEYBALL LOSES — Cedar Ridge (6-10) hosted West Central (4-8) last night and came away with a 3-1 match victory (25-19, 25-14, 20-25, 25-18).
– WAPSIE VOLLEYBALL WINS — Freshman Taylor Buhr was 18-for-20 serving with four aces as the Warriors (27-7) swept Union Community (19-2) on Tuesday in La Porte City. Wapsie Valley won its 12th consecutive match 3-0 (25-17, 25-19, 25-20).
2. MUCH COOLER TODAY — The 90-plus degree heat from Tuesday is gone. The National Weather Service forecast for today call for a high of 69 under partly sunny skies. A northwest wind will gust at up to 28 mph. Tonight, the skies will be mostly clear and the temp will fall to 46.
3. WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HALLOWEEN — Halloween Trivia is back. Register a team of up to 8 people by Monday, Oct. 24, for the competition on Friday, Oct. 28, at the Oelwein American Legion. Social hour begins at 6 p.m. and trivia at 7 p.m. There will be a costume contest at intermission Teams must be pre-registered to play. The cost is $10 per person. Drink tickets are not included in the price of registration. Call OCAD to register, 319-283-1105.
Categories: Oelwein Posts