NEWS RELEASE FROM THE CHARLES CITY SOFTBALL LEAGUS
2020 Charles City Softball LeagueGrades 1st-7th
Parents and Players of Charles City Youth Softball League:
We are excited to announce the decision to play ball this season! Due to the current circumstances, there will be some significant changes this year. There will also be strict rules that we must enforce. If you are still wanting to play ball, please continue reading!! If you have registered, but have changed your mind, please contact a board member and you will be given the full refund. If you are interested in signing up, you must do so before May 30.
The 2020 season will consist of 4 weeks total beginning on June 8. The first week will be strictly practice. The following 3 weeks will be games/friendly competition, and the schedule has changed since first announced.
Pixie League- (3rd, 4th, & 5th grades)
Currently, there are 48 girls signed up for Pixie League. This will allow us to have 4 complete teams with games being played at 6:00pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. The final game will be scheduled for July 1.
Monarch League- (1st & 2nd grades)
This league has a lower number, 27 players. Due to the small numbers, we will mix up teams for each friendly competition! Games will be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00pm, and teams will be randomly drawn each time. The final game will be scheduled for July 2. We want to encourage a love for the game!
Minor League- (6th & 7th grades)
This league also has a lower number, 28 players. Teams will also be randomly drawn each date to be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00pm. An exciting twist to this league is the potential to have the high school players involved by coaching and/or assisting in a majority of the games and practices. The final game will also be scheduled for July 2.
Other MAJOR changes:
• A parent or guardian must be present at all games and practices.
• No food or drink will be allowed in the dugout. Players must keep these items with their parents/guardians and are free to leave the dugout at any time.
• Absolutely NO sunflower seeds will be allowed at the park (per IGHSAU & IHSAA guidelines).
• There will be no city tournament at the end of the season.
• Players are highly encouraged to have their own helmet if possible. If not possible, please let us know and we will try to find one for you to keep for the season.
• All equipment will be sprayed with disinfectant every game.
• Other high school guidelines will be followed as necessary.
Our main goal is the safety of the players and their fans. After that, we strive every year for the players to have fun and gain experience! Please look for additional details coming June 2 or before. We hope to see your player on the diamonds!
Thank you for your commitment to Charles City Youth Softball:
Dana Sullivan, Jeff Hadley, Christina Eaves, Linda Shirley, & Danielle Bonnstetter
Registration must be completed before participation in any practice or game. Each girl will be covered with insurance at all practices and games with a $50.00 deductible.