CHARLES CITY – Raise your glass and toast the season as Charles City’s version of Oktoberfest returns with the 16th annual Chucktown Brewfest celebration on Saturday, Oct. 21. This fun event will be held from 6-9 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 2111 Clark St., and is being put on as a fundraiser by Community Revitalization.
Enjoy sampling six different Iowa craft beers and munching on German-style cuisine such as bratwurst, German Mac ‘n Cheese, soups and hot pretzels. Brewfest participants will also receive a commemorative beer sampling glass to keep and have fun with traditional German games Hammerschlagen (hammer and nail) and Masskrugstemmeen (beer stein holding).
In addition, there will be an opportunity to bid on a number of different Brewfest baskets donated by local businesses and individuals at a silent auction that evening.
This year’s featured craft beers from various Iowa breweries include:
- Hawktoberfest from the Backpocket Brewing Company in Coralville, a 5.3 percent ABV Marzen beer;
- Hannah from Exile Brewing Company in Des Moines, which is a 5.2 percent ABV Bavarian Wheat beer;
- either Coconut, a 4.5 percentage ABV English porter with toasted coconut and cacao nibs, or Tricycle, a 5.2 percent ABV cream ale from Single Speed Brewing out of Cedar Falls;
- Field Trip from the Worth Brewing Company in Northwood, a 5.5 percent ABV American IPA beer;
- a 5.8 percent ABV pumpkin-spiced Autumn Bock lager from Fat Hill Brewing in Mason City; and
- Schwarzbier, a 5.5 percent ABV black lager from Second State Brewing out of Cedar Falls.
Helping to sponsor this year’s Chucktown Brewfest event are Cedar River Pizza, the Charles City Press, Chautauqua Guest Homes, CUSB Bank, First Citizens Bank, First Security Bank & Trust, Larry Pump CPA, Mike Molstead Motors, Sisson and Associates and the St. Charles Brewing Co.
Tickets for this event are $25 each and available in advance at the Community Development Office at 401 North Main St. in Charles City, or at the Elks Lodge the night of the event if still available. Tickets will be limited to the first 200 sold. For more information, please contact the Community Revitalization office at (641) 228-2335 or firstname.lastname@example.org.