Good morning, Oelwein area readers. It’s Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2022.
• WEATHER: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 20. South wind 3 to 7 mph. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 47. South wind 3 to 8 mph.
The Oelwein FFA led the Feed a Family program and donated 30 boxes of food to local families.
• The Oelwein varsity bowling teams travel to Forest City today for a 4 p.m. match at the Super Bowl
• The Oelwein girls varsity basketball team hosts Postville tonight at home . Tip-off is at 7 p.m.
Thanksgiving break for area school begins Wednesday. Classes resume Monday
• PUBLIC SAFETY:
Oelwein Police have reported the following arrests:
• Ronald Craig Dean, 45, of Oelwein, at 3:18 a.m. Nov. 18, in the 200 block of 2nd Street Southeast on charges of possession of marijuana (serious misdemeanor), possession of drug paraphernalia (simple misdemeanor), unlawful possession of prescription drug (serious misdemeanor) and felony possession of a controlled substance.
• Dylan Paul Dewolf, 29, of Oelwein, at 10:54 p.m. Nov. 19, in the 10 block of 7th Avenue Southeast on a Bremer County warrant for an original charge of harassment (aggravated misdemeanor.)
• Sarah Jayne Moore, 32, of Oelwein was arrested at 4:03 p.m. om Nov. 20, on a charge of simple misdemeanor assault following a report of a disturbance in the 900 block of 1st Street Northwest