The Charles City School District issued this “FACE COVERING UPDATE” on Friday, Jan. 22:
This week, the following campuses had a 3-day rolling average student illness absence rate at 7% or higher.
Charles City High School
Charles City Middle School
Washington Elementary School
To help keep schools open and protect the health of our school community, we are initiating the health mitigation plan approved in September 2021. This is a temporary period during which face coverings will be required at the campuses outlined above. As per our commitment to families, we will use face coverings as a targeted tool only where and when it is necessary.
- Face coverings are required for staff and students at the Charles City High School, Charles City Middle School, and Washington Elementary School beginning Monday, January 24, 2022 to Friday, January 28, 2022.
- We will reevaluate the data again on Friday, January 28, 2022 for the next week. We will notify families once the health mitigation plan can be relaxed.
- This is a targeted strategy only for these campuses to keep our schools open.
- Students may seek a medical or religious exemption from using a face covering, if needed. Exemptions approved from the 2020-21 school year are still on file and will be honored for the 2021-22 school year. See your campus office for the appropriate paperwork to be certified. You may also download the forms here:
- Click here to view the Illness Dashboard for each campus.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own face coverings. Additional face coverings will be available in the campus office at the high school and middle school.
- Face coverings will be available with your student’s classroom teacher at Washington Elementary School.
- This message was sent to you by the Char