Memorial Day weekend camping reservation window is open

Iowa DNR news release

If you like to camp during Memorial Day weekend, the three-month window to reserve a state park campsite for a Friday arrival is now open.Those weekend dates are Friday, May 25 through Monday, May 28.New for the 2018 season, 75 percent of available campsites at each park can be reserved through the online reservation site; the remaining 25 percent are available first-come first-serve at the park.When visiting the reservation site, please note any closures or renovations taking place at each park. Five campgrounds will be closed for the entire 2018 summer camping season for upgrades and renovations. Those parks will still be open for day-use visitors. The campgrounds that will be closed are at: Ledges State Park, Lacey-Keosauqua State Park, Geode State Park, Marble Beach State Recreation Area and Maquoketa Caves State Park.