The Charles City School Board’s regular meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 11, in the Charles City Middle School gather space, 7th grade learning studio. That is on the north end of the school on the first floor.Here are 5 things to know about Monday’s meeting:
1. High school senior Falyn Knecht, a CCHS senior, will be sworn in as the student member of the School Board. She will serve until the final regular meeting in May. She can join board discussions, but can’t vote and can’t participate in closed sessions. She is supposed to communicate board decisions to the student body.
2. Brittni Molstead, Erin Lyman, and Scotti Hagensick, local trainers for the Orange Frog program, will explain it to the board and public. It’s based on the work of Shawn Achor, an American happiness researcher, author, and speaker.
3. Josh Johnson, CCHS Principal, will report the results of the class of 2017 exit survey conducted by LifeTrack Services.
4. Administration recommends the board adopt literacy goals for students in grades K-4.
5. This is the last School Board meeting before the election in Tuesday, which really isn’t much of an election. Three candidates are pursuing three seats on the board: incumbent Scott Dight, Missy Freund and Joshua Mack. Incumbents Lorraine Winterink and Jim Frisbie are not seeking re-election