CHARLES CITY — Sure, the Floyd County Fair’s opening day is Wednesday, but Tuesday, July 18, is Royalty Day, judgment day for non-livestock entries and show time for pets and 4-Hers.
The new Youth Enrichment Center will open at 9 a.m. for booth set-up and agronomy comments are at noon.
Judging for all non-livestock exhibits begins at 1 p.m. in the Brick Building. The static entry club schedule is:
- Llove Those Llamas and W. St. Charles Feeders at noon.
- Floyd Co. Marksmen and Floyd Farmers at 12:30 p.m.
- Riverton Lucky Clovers and Jolly Ranchers at 1 p.m.
- Ulster Future Leaders at 1:30 p.m.
- Union Busy Bees at 2 p.m.
- Colwell Celebrities and Floyd Co. 4-H Riders at 2:30 p.m.
- Charles City Angels and N. S. Rolling Stones at 3 p.m.
The Dog and Pet Show begins at 5:30 p.m. in the Show Arena.
An evening of activities in the Brick Building begins at 7:30 p.m. The night will include the Little Miss Floyd and Little Mr. Floyd contest, Hall of Fame, Share the Fun, Extemporaneous Speaking and 4H Fashion Show.
For many more details and the rules, click here to access the 2017 Fair Book.