Tonight, listen to the music. Tomorrow, dance.
The Wartburg College Wind Ensemble will perform at 7:30 p.m. In Trinity United Methodist Church, 601 Milwaukee St., Charles City. Charles City High School musicians will also perform. Admission is free.
We’re one day away from two proms.
Charles City’s Prom, with the theme “Picture Perfect,” will be on Saturday, April 22. Here is the schedule:
* 6:30 p.m. -— Doors open for Grand March (Charles City Middle School Gymnasium)
* 7 p.m. — Lineup for Grand March
* 7:30 p.m. — Grand March (admission $1)
* 9 p.m. — Dance
* Midnight —After prom (Charles City Middle School)
* 3 a.m. hypnotist
The R-R-MR Prom begins with the grand march at 7 p.m. at the school.
N-P spring play a comedy
NASHUA — Nashua-Plainfield High School students will present the comedy “Three’s a Family,” at 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday in the school’s gymnasium. Admission is $3.
Click here for a photo gallery
EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY
Today is Big Word Day according to Checkiday.com
But at North Cedar Reports.com we’ve decided it’s Principal Josh Johnson Day. Celebrate by studying big spelling words that begin with J.
CHARLES CITY AREA NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST
Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
Patchy frost after 5am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 36. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 62. Northeast wind around 7 mph.
FRIDAY, APRIL 21
* Nashua Fireman’s Dance, 8:30-11:30 p.m., Nashua Town and Country Club, 2898 Asherton Ave. Farm Rock performance begins at 8:30 p.m.
SATURDAY, APRIL 22
* Painting class, make “Cow Cutie,” 9:30 a.m. Saturday, April 22, The Rustic Corner, 413 N. Main St, Charles City. Instructor: Robin Macomber of Art Box Painting Cost: $45. For more information, click here.
* Boot Camp for a Cause, 2 p.m., Nashua-Plainfield High School football field, Nashua. Benefit for the Tysdahl family and #TeamKnox. Cost: Give what you can. Being put on by Brandon Marks Fitness.
* Nashua City Wide Garage Sale, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., city of Nashua
SUNDAY, APRIL 23
* Mother/Son Outdoor Adventure, 1-4 p.m., Sunday, April 23, Tosanak Recreation Area, 2535 Glass Road, Marble Rock. Sponsored by the I.C. PTO. Click here for more details and to register.
* Charles City Singers Concert, 7:30 p.m., Trinity United Methodist Church, Charles City. “The Journey: Songs of the British Isles.” Advance tickets $5 at First Security Bank & Trust, First Citizens Bank, the Charles City Area Chamber of Commerce, CC Art Center and from members. Tickets at door $7; students K-12 free. Click here for more.
MONDAY, APRIL 24
* Spring Sing, 7:30 p.m., Immaculate Conception School
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26
* Immaculate Conception Spring Salad Luncheon & Card Party, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 26, at the Columbus Club, 502 Clark St., Charles City. Cost is $7. Serving hot & cold salads, deviled eggs, desserts and drink. Carry outs available. Cards (500 & Bridge) begin at 12:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the I.C. Parish Office and at the door on the day of the event.
* St. Michael’s Youth Ministry
* Annual Spaghetti Supper, 5-7 p.m., Wednesday, April 26, St. Michael’s Parish Center, Nashua. Spaghetti, garlic toast, dessert and drinks. Cost: $7 per person. Tickets may be purchased at the door. Silent auctions and raffles
* NHS Blood Drive, 2:15-6:15 p.m., Nashua-Plainfield High School Commons. Click here for more details.
SATURDAY, APRIL 29
Nashua-Plainfield Prom: Grand March at 6 p.m. (NPHS Gym), doors open at 5:15 p.m. $1admission proceeds to FCCLA. Dance 7-11 p.m. (NPHS Gym). After Prom (The W in Waverly) Buses load at 11:30 p.m. return at 3:30 a.m.
SUNDAY, APRIL 30
Mother Daughter Luncheon, 11:30 a.m., Sunday, April 30, in the St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church parish hall, Charles City. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for girls ages 6-12. Under 6 is free. Tickets may be purchased in the church office until April 23.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 3
* Walk In Wednesday Photo Session with Fugitive Lens, 5:30-7:30 p.m., The Rustic Corner, 413 N. Main St, Charles City.